How to Activate KMS Key for Windows 7 on the KMS Host
- Login to your KMS server and open an administrative command prompt.
slmgr -ipk <licensekey> and press Enter to apply the KMS license key.
- Activate the key by typing
slmgr -ato and pressing Enter.
Windows 7 should now be activated on the network and desktops should automatically activate with the KMS key you applied to the host.
If you would like to check how many computers have activated themselves against the KMS host, you can log on to the KMS server and run
How to Install KMS Key for Office 2010
- Logon to the KMS Server and open an Administrative Command Prompt.
slmgr.vbs /ipk <productkey> and press Enter.
smlgr.vbs /ato [bfe7a195-4f8f-4f0b-a622-cf13c7d16864] and press Enter. The string \”bfe7a195-4f8f-4f0b-a622-cf13c7d16864\” is the Office 2010 activiation ID.
How to Activate MAK Keys for Windows 7 on Laptops
- Logon to the laptop and open an adminstrative command prompt.
slmgr.vbs /ipk <MAK_Key> and press Enter.
slmgr.vbs -ato to activate the key.
How to Install MAK Key for Office 2010
- Open an Office application on the laptop.
- When the activation prompt opens, click on the “change product key” link.
- Enter the MAK key and activate
This issue mainly affects Windows 7 machines with multiple displays in a VMWare View/thin client environment. When a user tries to drag a screen to a second monitor, there is a noticeable lag or jitter as the screen moves across monitors. To fix the issue, do the following:
- Power off the affected machine (make sure that the machine isn’t set to always power on in VMWare View!).
- Activate SSH on the host that the machine is on.
- Start a putty session to the host logging in as root.
- Change directories to
- Open the .vmx file in a text editor.
- At the bottom of the .vmx file, add the line:
mks.poll.headlessRates = "1000 100 2"
- Save the changes to the .vmx file.
- Power the virtual machine back on, close the putty session, and turn SSH back off on the host.
If the steps above work to fix the affected machine’s problem, they can also be performed on the linked clone template. Then, when the machines are recomposed, they will read the new configuration that eliminates the lag. It should be noted, however, that this fix can increase CPU usage on the hosts.
For the KB Article, go here: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=2010359
This seems to be an issue with PCOIP thin clients using Windows 7 and dual screens. After logging in to the machine, a black screen with appear with only a cursor. To fix this, you will need to update the display driver.
- Click Start and right-click Computer. Select Manage.
- Click Device Manager and expand the display adapters node.
- Right click on the display adapter and select “Update driver software…”
- Select “Browse my computer for driver software”, then “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.”
- Select the driver that makes the most sense. For example, if you have recently upgraded the virtual hardware to support 3D, select a 3D driver.
- Click Next.
- After the driver has installed, click Close.