This seems to be an issue with PCOIP thin clients using Windows 7 and dual screens. After logging in to the machine, a black screen with appear with only a cursor. To fix this, you will need to update the display driver.
- Click Start and right-click Computer. Select Manage.
- Click Device Manager and expand the display adapters node.
- Right click on the display adapter and select “Update driver software…”
- Select “Browse my computer for driver software”, then “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.”
- Select the driver that makes the most sense. For example, if you have recently upgraded the virtual hardware to support 3D, select a 3D driver.
- Click Next.
- After the driver has installed, click Close.
In Exchange 2010, you get an error
Setup previously failed while performing the action Install. You can resume setup by performing the action “BuildToBuildUpgrade.”
To fix this, do the following:
- Open regedit.
- Navigate to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Exchangeserver\v14. Under the appropriate role (depending on your setup, it could be AdminTools, MailboxRole, or ClientAccessRole).
- Delete the watermark and action keys.
Here’s how to retrieve the GUID of installed programs in Windows. This can be useful in situations where the Event Viewer lists the GUID of a program causing issues, but not the name.
- Open a command prompt as Administrator.
- Type the command:
wmic product get > C:\\InstalledPrograms.txt
- The output of this command will be saved in a text file at C:\\InstalledPrograms.txt.